Simon Riggs simon at 2ndquadrant.com
Thu Nov 22 08:15:37 PST 2007
On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 10:29 +0100, Cyril SCETBON wrote:

> I think it would be better to be able to modify SLON_DATA_FETCH_SIZE by
> using a parameter on the slon command line. For example, we got a lot of
> updates (400 per second) between far geographical sites. I had to modify
> this variable and to recompile the slon binary cause I didn't find
> another way until now.

Cyril,

Could you publish your performance results? That will help everybody to
understand the benefit of this change.

Do you have results for a variety of settings? It may be that we just
make a permanent change of the #DEFINEd value, rather than making it
configurable.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com