Cyril SCETBON cyril.scetbon at free.fr
Mon Nov 19 06:26:15 PST 2007

Stéphane A. Schildknecht wrote:

> Cyril SCETBON a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it would be better to be able to modify SLON_DATA_FETCH_SIZE
>> by using a parameter on the slon command line. For example, we got a
>> lot of updates (400 per second) between far geographical sites. I had
>> to modify this variable and to recompile the slon binary cause I
>> didn't find another way until now.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

> Hi,
>
> How did you modify this variable? Increase or decrease ?
I've modified the value of SLON_DATA_FETCH_SIZE in src/slon/slon.h and
rebuilt it.
I've changed it from 10 to 50 to make fetchs of 500 lines.
> What was the
> problem you encountered ?

When vaccum was happening on slony tables the db rate of the replication
decreased and slony had to get 3000 DML a few minutes later to make the
subscriber up to date. But fetching 3000 DMLs orders by fetching 100
lines was too slow. That's why I've increased the value to make fetchs
of 500 lines.

Regards

--
Cyril SCETBON