Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Tue Mar 5 04:22:33 PST 2019
On Tue, 5 Mar 2019, SAS wrote:

> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I could easily drop some paths, and then lower the number of established connections on some
> nodes.
>
> Could you point me to what has changed between 2.1 and 2.2 branches that causes this connections
> increase? The paths were there before the upgrade.

It has to do with the changes to how DDL is handled.
In 2.1 and earlier DDL was treated as a special type of event and was
replicated by this event in sl_event.  There were cases where DDL and data
could be replicated in the wrong order.

In 2.2 there is now a table specifically for DDL changes, like sl_log.  The
DDL from this table is pulled in the correct order by the listener threads
through the listener connection.

DDL can be submitted on any node, and for nodes that aren't providing a
subscription there isn't a clear cascaded network route though other nodes.

For larger node setups it might be nice to have a way of designating nodes
as 'edge only' nodes, where they can't be origin's, providers or failover
targets and they can't accept DDL submissions.  These nodes wouldn't have to
generate any events and so other nodes wouldn't have to listen
for their events.  We don't currently support this though.

Hope that helps.