Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:27:37 PST 2015
Good afternoon,

I ran into an issue today where a node seemed to be lost, at 5am, a single
query node stopped replicating (although logs and slon process showed
things were healthy), but my primary DB kept storing entries until we hit
over 7 million rows, because my query db was not "doing something" that
something is a mystery. I finally dropped and re-added the node.   This has
been running stable since we went to 9.3.4 and 2.2.3 slony. Nothing
happened to the hardware, the query node was healthy, but seemingly not
replicating (replication check , showed that the queried table was not
 changing, when the other nodes saw the change).

So anyways, I didn't really know how to check to see what data was in
sl_logs (other than querying them), nor did I know of any way to verify
that data was moving out and being replicated (other than my repl check). I
wanted to know if there was something out there that peeled the covers back
on slon and sl_log to verify that things are replicating in a timely
period, to know where the data in the sl_log is destined to and if a single
host is holding up the show.

Just need more ways to check slons health, progress, backlog etc. Is there
a front end somewhere that will let you see into the inner workings and
states of Slony?

Thanks
Tory