Alessandro Sironi alessandro.sironi at loginet.it
Fri Feb 18 08:52:08 PST 2011
Hi, I'm new to Slony and I'm testing it for replicate some table between
2 Postgres DBs... today I had try the "MOVE SET" command executing this
script on the slave:

#!/usr/bin/slonik
define CLUSTER clusterone;
define PRIMARY 1;
define SLAVE 10;

cluster name = @CLUSTER;
node @PRIMARY admin conninfo = 'dbname=NameDB host=IPMaster
user=test-slony';
node @SLAVE admin conninfo = 'dbname=NameDB host=IPSlave user=test-slony';

LOCK SET(ID=1, ORIGIN=@PRIMARY);
MOVE SET(ID=1, OLD ORIGIN=@PRIMARY, NEW ORIGIN=@SLAVE);

...after this I execute the same script (with @PRIMARY and @SLAVE
inverted)on the PRIMARY node (to get back to the previous situation) but
I obtain thefollowing error:

./script4.sk:10: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_cname".lockSet(1); select
"_cname".getMaxXid();  - ERROR:  Slony-I: set 1 does not originate on
local node

...now @SLAVE and @PRIMARY node result both as subscriber to the set
with ID 1 and I can't delete/drop the set.
What did I do wrong? There is a way to get all back to normal?

Thanks in advance.
Alex