Dilraj Singh dilrajssokhi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 20:22:30 PDT 2011
Hi Steve,

I have placed a script in the /etc/init.d folder of my debian machine which
has the commands as

#!/bin/sh
bash -u postgres -c '/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_ctl start -D
/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main" '
bash -u postgres -c '/usr/bin/slon conninfo= "dbname=testdb user=postgres" '

I have configured this script on each of the 4 machines to run at the the
reboot time which will start the database and then will run the slon
process. I am passing conninfo on the command line itself and before doing
the reboot, i have also made the cluster_setup and subscriptions for the
four nodes. So its like replication is going on when i do reboot on one of
the machines.

As you pointed out, this all procedure works fine in 2.0.7, but fails in the
version 2.0.4. Also while seeing the output of the                    *ps
aux | grep postgres* command at the times of broken and not-broken
connection, i can see the entries for the processes related to database of
the other machines (which are connected to it as described in subscription
script) in the not-broken connection whereas broken connection (after
reboot) has only local database entries in the command output.

Thanks for helping me out. :)

Regards
Dilraj Singh