Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 8 17:08:19 PDT 2011
On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Dilraj Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yup, it works for 2.0.7. Thanks.
>
> But i tried for version 2.0.4 also, still its giving the same errors. We are
> little bit inclined to use version 2.0.4 as it is current version available
> with apt-get on debian and hence can be updated easily using apt-get. So is
> there any way i can make this work in the version 2.0.4 too?
>
> Also, I noticed that on rebooting the machine, it does not even work when i
> kill the slon process started on reboot and manually start the slon process
> like ./slon conninfo=.

Once your network and postgresql instances are up you should just be able to
restart all of your slon processes and replication should resume (with
2.0.4) it should recover from the dropped connections when slon is
restarting.

How are you starting slon?  Are you using a slon.conf file or passing the
conninfo on the command line? (you need to be doing one of the two).

Steve