Bastian Voigt post at bastian-voigt.de
Fri Mar 6 05:19:16 PST 2009
Dear list,

just getting started with Slony 2.0.1 and going through the
documentation, so I found some small errors in the chapter "2.
Replicating Your First Database":

1. The line:
psql -U $PGBENCH_USER -h $HOST1 -d $DBNAME1 -c "begin; alter table
history add column id serial; update history set id =
nextval('history_id_seq'); alter table history add primary key(id);
commit"

should rather be:
sql -U $PGBENCHUSER -h $MASTERHOST -d $MASTERDBNAME -c "begin; alter
table
history add column id serial; update history set id =
nextval('history_id_seq'); alter table history add primary key(id);
commit"

2. In the slonik script, this section should be removed since 2.0 no
longer uses "table add key":

	#--
	# Because the history table does not have a primary key or other unique
	# constraint that could be used to identify a row, we need to add one.
	# The following command adds a bigint column named
	# _Slony-I_$CLUSTERNAME_rowID to the table.  It will have a default
value
	# of nextval('_$CLUSTERNAME.s1_rowid_seq'), and have UNIQUE and NOT
NULL
	# constraints applied.  All existing rows will be initialized with a
	# number
	#--
	table add key (node id = 1, fully qualified name = 'public.history');

Hope this helps to keep the docu up to date ;.-)

All the best
Bastian