Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Mar 6 02:21:35 PST 2009
I simply want to thank the list and in particular, Christopher Browne,
for your patience in assisting me with updating our replicated databases
DDL.  This morning, I successfully added a field to a table on 12
replicated databases.  It was still a relatively complex process as I
had to reset the slony triggers on the master node once I updated the
table via the 'execute script' mechanism.  The basic process was as such:

1. lock all users out of the database by modifying the pg_hba.conf file
and restart the postmaster.
2. update the table via 'execute script'
3. reset the slony triggers to 'fire always'
4. allow user access by returning pg_hba.conf to it's original and
restarting the postmaster.

Thanks again for all the input and patience of the list.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin