Knight, Doug dknight at wsi.com
Tue Oct 21 06:37:25 PDT 2008
All,

I have a need to create a script that automatically determines if slony
is installed and replicating on a specific database. The idea is that
another script that handles time partitioned table drops/creates could
call this script to determine if it needs to do any special slony
processing instead of its direct drop/create statements (i.e. pass the
SQL via slonik EXECUTE SCRIPT). I figure I'll be looking in the
information_schema schema for the current database. Is there any
particular place I should look (maybe the existence of an sl_status
table in information_schema.tables)? Any best practices would be great.

Thanks,

Doug Knight