Tim Hawes thawes at novadine.com
Thu Oct 9 14:31:00 PDT 2008
We currently have 6 slave nodes, 1 master. One of the slave nodes (slave
A) is being replicated over the WAN.

On the LAN of that remote slave (slave A), are several other boxes I am
wanting to replicate to. I want these new slaves to replicate from slave
A, they do not need to know anything about the other 6 nodes + 1 master
on the other side of the WAN.

I tried setting this up, and just defined the paths accordingly.
However, I run test_slony_state.pl in a cron to keep me posted if any
replication descrepencies occur. It always complains about the 6 nodes
not having the needed conninfo to the slaves of slave A, even though
they do not have paths to those instances.

Am I handling this the best way? Can I make test_slony_state.pl happy?
Should I put the slaves of slave A in a seperate slony cluster making
slave A the master, or do I need to do logshipping to slave A to do what
I want?