Michael Weber dr.michi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:56:42 PST 2008
Hi everybody,

I have a database (with a handful of tables) replicated to our
institute. Here, some more tables are added to the database.

This resulting set (the replicated tables plus the locally created
ones) I would like to replicate inside our institute. I do not want to
replicate to the same master database out of security concerns, and
because it is far away and bandwith is also a cost issue.

How do I best go about this? Can I create a second configuration file,
and run slony on the replicated (slave) database as if it were a
'normal' database?

I run debian etch, postgres 8.2 and slony 1.2.19

Michael