Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Apr 8 19:43:35 PDT 2008
"Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir at gmail.com> writes:
> Does anyone has any idea about it? I am looking for any Slony
> catalog table differences that I couldnt find myself in this
> specific scenario.

It depends heavily on why the node failed.

- If it failed because the DBMS got corrupted, then there could be
  pretty well any sort of trash in the DB on the failed node.

- If you chose to fail over because [say] there was a temporary
  communications problem, then that database essentially gets "shunned."

  It will appear, internally, to be in perfectly good shape, but, as
  you noticed, the cluster wasn't quite happy with it ;-(.

You really need to drop the node and recreate it.

It's not worth trying to reconstruct that node into the cluster; head
back to the problem statement, namely:

  "We had such a serious problem that it warranted doing a FAIL OVER."

If you had so serious a problem, then it warrants rebuilding that
database from scratch, period.
--
"cbbrowne","@","acm.org"
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/