Craig James craig_james at emolecules.com
Wed Apr 2 19:59:53 PDT 2008
Jeff Frost wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Craig James wrote:
>
>>> Look in your postgresql libdir for xxid.so.  That could be in
>>> /usr/lib/pgsql or /usr/lib64/pgsql or /usr/local/pgsql/lib, etc
>>> depending on how it was installed.
>>
>> But what am I looking for?  There are no other slony libraries -- this
>> system has never had any other version of Slony on it.
>>
>> If I remove xxid.so, and everything else slony-related in
>> /usr/local/pgsql/*, INCLUDING all of the sql files in
>> /usr/local/pgsql/share, and then
>>
>> cd slony-1.2.13
>> make install
>>
>> then all the files are restored, including xxid.so.  But the problem
>> persists -- same error.
>
> Yah, but somewhere there is a 1.2.9 version of xxid.so.  Does your
> system have a locate db on it?
>
> try: locate xxid.so ?
>
> When I've had trouble finding this in the past, it has been installed in
> /usr/lib64/pgsql and I was looking in /usr/lib/pgsql or vice versa.
> It's there somewhere.  If all else fails use find:
>
> find / -name xxid.so -print
>
> I believe there is also slony1_funcs.so to look for.

Right, good idea, but I tried that and the only two copies on the system are the Slony 1.2.13 source, and the installed version in /usr/local/pgsql.

$ find / -name xxid.so 2>/dev/null
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/xxid.so
/emi/src/external/slony1-1.2.13/src/xxid/xxid.so

$ find / -name slony1_funcs.so 2>/dev/null
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/slony1_funcs.so
/emi/src/external/slony1-1.2.13/src/backend/slony1_funcs.so

I guess I have to keep going back to what I started with: Version 1.2.9 is NOT, and has never been, on this system.  The error is in the 1.2.13 source distribution, as far as I can tell.  It's compiled fresh, there is no other Slony, and when I remove everything and start over, the same error happens.

Where could this be in the source?  Is there some configuration file?

Thanks,
Craig