Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Wed Apr 2 19:53:16 PDT 2008
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Craig James wrote:

>> Look in your postgresql libdir for xxid.so.  That could be in
>> /usr/lib/pgsql or /usr/lib64/pgsql or /usr/local/pgsql/lib, etc depending
>> on how it was installed.
>
> But what am I looking for?  There are no other slony libraries -- this system
> has never had any other version of Slony on it.
>
> If I remove xxid.so, and everything else slony-related in /usr/local/pgsql/*,
> INCLUDING all of the sql files in /usr/local/pgsql/share, and then
>
> cd slony-1.2.13
> make install
>
> then all the files are restored, including xxid.so.  But the problem persists
> -- same error.

Yah, but somewhere there is a 1.2.9 version of xxid.so.  Does your system have
a locate db on it?

try: locate xxid.so ?

When I've had trouble finding this in the past, it has been installed in
/usr/lib64/pgsql and I was looking in /usr/lib/pgsql or vice versa.  It's
there somewhere.  If all else fails use find:

find / -name xxid.so -print

I believe there is also slony1_funcs.so to look for.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954