Dane Miller dane at greatschools.net
Fri Oct 26 11:46:06 PDT 2007
Hi Slony Folks,

I recently started administering a Postgres/Slony-1 cluster and wasn't
satisfied with the replication monitoring scripts in Slony's tools/
directory.  So I turned to the very fine mysql-heartbeat.  Thanks to
some recent work by the author, as of revision 1104, mysql-heartbeat
works great for Postgres too!  Just use the command line option
--dbidriver=Pg.

Read about it here:
http://mysqltoolkit.sourceforge.net/

And get it from SVN here (this feature is currently only in SVN):
http://mysqltoolkit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mysqltoolkit/trunk/mysql-heartbeat/

>From the author:
MySQL Heartbeat
Monitors replication delay via a two-part process: a heartbeat on the
master, and monitoring on the slave. It tells how far the slave is
behind the master at the top of a replication hierarchy.... It produces
moving averages over arbitrary time windows, so you can see on average
how much your slave has lagged during the last 1, 5 and 15 minutes (by
default — you can customize this). It can run as a daemon too.

Enjoy!
Dane

--
Dane Miller