Ouray Viney oviney at avaya.com
Fri Oct 26 07:52:47 PDT 2007
Hi All:

	I hoping that someone might have seen this before and can help.

	Note:  I have googled but didn't find anything related.

	I have a Master and two slave setup using PostgreSQL (8.2.5) and
Slony-I (slony1-1.2.12-pre1).  I am using the scripts that are in the
tools/ directory in the source tree.

	Here is the output that I get when I run the BASH wrapper
script:

<snippet>
[root at somehost tools]# ./run_rep_tests.sh
DSN: dbname=pgbench host=pgmaster port=5432 password=uscl2004
Found master: 1
Rummage for DSNs
Query:

   select p.pa_server, p.pa_conninfo
   from _slony_example.sl_path p
   where exists (select * from _slony_example.sl_subscribe s where
                          s.sub_set = 1 and
                          (s.sub_provider = p.pa_server or
s.sub_receiver = p.pa_server) and
                          sub_active = 't')
   group by pa_server, pa_conninfo;

Query:  select * from "_slony_example".sl_subscribe s1 where sub_set = 1
and sub_receiver = 3 and sub_active;
Found live set!
DSN[3] = dbname=pgbenchslave2 host=pgslave2 user=postgres
DSN[1] = dbname=pgbench host=pgmaster user=postgres
Query:  select * from "_slony_example".sl_subscribe s1 where sub_set = 1
and sub_receiver = 2 and sub_active;
Found live set!
DSN[2] = dbname=pgbenchslave1 host=pgslave1 user=postgres
Connecting to master node 1 - DSN:[dbname=pgbench host=pgmaster
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Connecting to slave node 3 - DSN:[dbname=pgbenchslave2 host=pgslave2
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Failure - connection to
Connecting to slave node 2 - DSN:[dbname=pgbenchslave1 host=pgslave1
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Failure - connection to
Connecting to master node 1 - DSN:[dbname=pgbench host=pgmaster
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Connecting to slave node 3 - DSN:[dbname=pgbenchslave2 host=pgslave2
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Failure - connection to
Connecting to slave node 3 - DSN:[dbname=pgbenchslave2 host=pgslave2
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Failure - connection to
Connecting to slave node 2 - DSN:[dbname=pgbenchslave1 host=pgslave1
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Failure - connection to
Connecting to slave node 2 - DSN:[dbname=pgbenchslave1 host=pgslave1
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Failure - connection to
Connecting to master node 1 - DSN:[dbname=pgbench host=pgmaster
user=postgres password=uscl2004]
Final query to master
</snippet>

In my PostgreSQL pg_hba.conf I have set the AUTH type to TRUST, so that
my clients don't have to use passwords to connect.  I have looked at the
code in the perl script and can see that there is a condition that
appears to be triggering this error message:

<snippet>
sub report_failed_conn {
    my ($ci) = @_;
    $ci =~ s/password=.*$//g;
    print "Failure - connection to $ci\n";
}
</snippet>

I am using the following values in the bash rapper script:

<snippet>
#!/bin/sh
# $Id: run_rep_tests.sh,v 1.2 2005-05-04 20:33:04 cbbrowne Exp $
# Run Slony-I Replication Tests

#PASS="some secret"
TESTQUERY="select name, created_on from some_table order by id desc
limit 1;"
PERL=/usr/bin/perl
SCRIPT=test_slony_replication.pl
HOST=pgmaster
USER=postgres
PASS=uscl2004

$PERL $SCRIPT -database=pgbench -host=$HOST -user=$USER
-cluster=slony_example -port=5432 -password=$PASS
--finalquery=$TESTQUERY
#$PERL $SCRIPT -database=pgbench -host=$HOST -user=$USER
-cluster=slony_example -port=5432 --finalquery="$TESTQUERY"
</snippet>

Please let me know if this is related to the postgresql environment or
if this is a bug.

Kind Rgds,

Ouray Viney