Dave Page dpage at postgresql.org
Wed Oct 3 00:53:20 PDT 2007
Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Well, I tried to add 'pgsql-8.2' dependency to the slony-I service
> via the registry and that does not work, in fact, it screws it up.
> I noticed that the postgresql service is started first before slony-I
> but the problem here is that there is not enough time for the databases
> to start up AND provide port access in time for slony-I to connect
> to it so it fails. Does not slony-I have any retry connection option
> settings in the configuration files? Did anyone get this sort of problem?

PostgreSQL 8.2.5 fixes this by waiting until recovery is complete and
the server is started before reporting to the service control manager
that it's running. This ensures the SCM won't try to start dependent
services too early.

I'm not sure if the upgrade process will modify the service registration
though. If not, yell and I'll fire up a windows box and tell you what to
tweak.

/D