Steve Dommett steve at st4vs.net
Tue Oct 2 19:37:58 PDT 2007
On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Well, I tried to add 'pgsql-8.2' dependency to the slony-I service
> via the registry and that does not work, in fact, it screws it up.
Following the advice in the last note in the link I quoted previously, if you
need Slony1 to start near the end of the boot procedure then you can try
making it depend on a service that starts later than most:
> Note If you have a service that needs to start late in the boot cycle but
> you do not have a specific service dependency, as explained above, then
> choose one of the services which startup last as the data value for the
> value "Depends on Service". Services commonly selected are Spooler and
> Messenger.

Hopefully (in the technical sense of course ;-), this will give pgsql-8.2
enough time to start accepting socket connections.

PS Are you sure it's not just a sluggish DNS server causing Postgres to take
so long to start up fully?

Take care,
  Steve.