Hiroshi Saito z-saito at guitar.ocn.ne.jp
Mon Nov 12 21:05:05 PST 2007
Hi.

no problem.:-)

> All of my databases use UTF8 encoding, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Ah yes. I regard it as desirable.

> I don't understand what you mean by "both of time must not be different".  Perhaps you
> meant
> that they should be the same version; the Windows host is running "PostgeSQL 8.2.4 on
> i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)", the Linux host is
> running "PostgeSQL 8.2.4 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (Red
> Hat
> 4.1.1-51)".  This seems like as close to the same version as is feasible for
> Windows/Linux,
> so I hope it's close enough.

It means that it is necessary to unite each other machine time as notes in the case of
running.
However, It is desirable to unify the version of Slony. Then, I think that it is
satisfactory by
your environment...

> The linux host has:
>
> ll /usr/lib/pgsql/xxid.so
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 30059 Oct 17 15:01 /usr/lib/pgsql/xxid.so
>
> The windows host doesn't have an xxid.so file.  I don't understand why it would be
> desirable
> for the Windows host to have a .so file.  It does have quite a few .dll files in
> C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\lib, but there is no xxid.dll file among them.  I had assumed that
> the
> install package would include it.

Oh sorry, I made the mistake in guidance. Yes, It is xxid.dll.

> The installation of PostgreSQL on Windows was updated from an earlier version.  There was
> no
> attempt to install Slony as part of that, but it might have been part of the package.  The
> update was done from a file named postgresql-8.2.msi that came in a package labeled
> postgresql-8.2.4-1 .  I didn't make any changes to the registry, but the installer might
> have.
>
> I got the installer from
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/~hiroshi/Slony-I/slony-I-1.2.11R-pg82.zip and was following
> the
> screen shots at http://developer.pgadmin.org/~hiroshi/Slony-I/ .  Things looked pretty
> much
> like the screen shots until I got to the sixth one ("Installation Complete").  My screen
> had
> " Module C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\lib\slevent.dll failed to register.", instead.
>
> Just now, I installed the Slony-I feature from the postgresql-8.2.msi script.  That
> installs
> without error and does deliver an xxid.dll file to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\lib,
> but
> the Slony msi still throws an "slevent.dll failed" error and initializing the cluster from
> Linux still throws an "access to library" error.
>
> I had assumed that I would be able to initialize the cluster and run the slons on a Linux
> host; please correct me if I've made a mistaken assumption.

Um, There was the before same report. However, The problem was not reproduced in the
environment of Dave with me. It was very strange. So, I wish to check one.
Here is a new version.
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~hiroshi/Slony-I/
And if a problem still reappears, please use this. (This is VC8 compile module)
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~hiroshi/Slony-I/slevent.dll
MinGW (GCC) will be suspected if it operates well.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito