Dmitry Koterov dmitry at koterov.ru
Mon Jun 4 14:32:24 PDT 2007
Hello.

Seems Slony sometimes tries to play an event created BEFORE the whole
copying process was started?
I have the following timing:

1) in 18:28:28 a row was added to the table tableName
2) in 18:28:30 we have DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_1: Begin COPY of table
"public"."tableName"
3) about 20 minutes later slony on the slave tried to replay an event (1)
and failed with "duplicate check" violation (because an element was already
present in the table thanks to COPY).

So, seems we have to stop any write activity during the start of a COPY
process to avoid this.

P.S.
Not a single, but 2 slave machines were copied sequentially. The first one
copied and began to replicate successfully, but the second - failed with
described symphtoms.
Slony 1.2.9.