Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Apr 17 06:44:24 PDT 2007

> I submitted the following patch to the patches list almost two weeks
> ago, and it hasn't yet seen any comment, either positive or negative.
> <http://lists.slony.info/pipermail/slony1-patches/2007-April/000008.html>
>
> Later this week, I'll plan to apply this patch to CVS HEAD, if there
> are no objections, and I will also see to modifying the documentation
> to ensure it is mentioned that in the new version, TABLE ADD KEY no
> longer works.

No objection, but possibly a comment.

I don't see any changes to initializeLocalNode() in your patch.  It looks
like this line can come out:

        perform setval(''@NAMESPACE at .sl_rowid_seq'',
                        p_local_node_id::int8 * ''1000000000000000''::int8);

Additionally, sl_rowid_seq can probably be removed from the schema.  As
far as I can tell, the only purpose it serves it to provide unique IDs for
rows without PKs.

I'll try to put together a patch, but I wanted to throw this out in case
I'm unable to find time to submit a proper patch.

> And I'll ask around about some suggested procedures for detecting and
> removing instances of this usage from existing clusters.  (A coworker
> has been working on that this very week...)
> --
> output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "acm.org")
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/sap.html
> Sturgeon's Law: 90% of *EVERYTHING* is crud.

Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.