Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed May 31 07:42:53 PDT 2006
"St?phane P?trot" <spetrot at gmail.com> writes:
> my slave server was previously installed in the same network as the
> master one. It was well working.I have moved it in another place and
> restart the server.
> Then, when I try to start the node on the slave server (node3), I have
> the fatal error :
>
> slave:/usr/local/etc# /usr/bin/slon_start node3 |
> /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/slonik &
> [1] 11841
> slave:/usr/local/etc# Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See
> http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
> Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
> <stdin>:1: ERROR: syntax error at or near Invoke
>
> Maybe I have forgott to change something in the configuration file,
> since the IP address is no more on the same network as the master
> server? I haven't change anything in the configuration file.

Look in the file slon-tools.pm.

There is a function that indicates how ps should get run.  Evidently
your system isn't being recognized properly, and ps options are not
right for your system.

sub ps_args {
  my $sys=`uname`;
  chomp $sys;   # strip off edges
  if ($sys eq "Linux") {
    return "/bin/ps auxww";
  } elsif ($sys eq "FreeBSD") {
    return "/bin/ps -auxww";
  } elsif ($sys eq "SunOS") {
    return "/usr/ucb/ps -auxww";
  } elsif ($sys eq "AIX") {
    return "/usr/bin/ps auxww";
  }
  return "/usr/bin/ps -auxww";    # This may be questionable for other systems; extend as needed!
}
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>