Jim C. Nasby jnasby
Mon May 15 07:24:27 PDT 2006
On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 01:39:44PM +0100, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>
> >On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 10:15:13AM +0100, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> >

> >Hrm.  I'd still bet on data corruption.  You might try walking
> >through the table, getting all the data, in chunks, and see if you
> >get a failure.
> >
> I just did a "pg_dump -F p"of that table alone in one fell swoop, and it
> worked perfectly; it's left me a nice

Running vacuum on the table is better exercise, since the problem
could be in one of the indexes. I think it's also got some sanity
checking code that's not used by some other things.

If this is PostgreSQL core dumping and not Slony, it'd also be a good
idea to ask for help on one of the pgsql lists.
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby at pervasive.com