Gavin Hamill gdh
Mon May 15 05:39:44 PDT 2006
Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 10:15:13AM +0100, Gavin Hamill wrote:
>

>Hrm.  I'd still bet on data corruption.  You might try walking
>through the table, getting all the data, in chunks, and see if you
>get a failure.

I just did a "pg_dump -F p"of that table alone in one fell swoop, and it
worked perfectly; it's left me a nice

COPY "RoomNight" ("ID", "BookingID", "RoomID", "Price", "Date",
"DateBooked", "Cancelled", "GuestName", "Adults", "Children",
"AllocationStatusID", "SmokingRequest", "BedRequested", "Incomplete",
"RoomNumber") FROM stdin;

followed by all 800k rows .. no segfaults, no errors at all :/

>Why does this happen roughly once a day?

I'd hoped the corefile would've been able to tell me that, but seemingly
not :(

gdh