elein elein
Sun Jul 16 12:01:15 PDT 2006
On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 07:48:17AM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 04:56:41PM -0700, elein wrote:
> > I've plugged an outline for a Slony-I User Tutorial onto
> > the wiki along with the first overview section.
> >
> > I'm looking for feedback on the outline.  What did I miss?
>
> A section or two on each on system-specific documentation,
I would appreciate specific links and references that should be
used as the details come up in the text.

> monitoring,

There is too little here besides the monitoring of the log files
and processes which of course would be included.

> diagnostics and troubleshooting would be great.

Slony system troubleshooting is not necessarily on the agenda.
I have not had any problems that were not resolved by "starting over"
(user errors) or by mystery corrections (no one has a clue).
But is a great place for someone else to add links back to
the big docs if anyone has a list of particular failure troubleshooting.

>So would some
> suggestions on best practices as you see them for keeping slony
> configuration files in sync.

That will be in the setup section.

> > Should anything be rearranged differently?  Remember this is
> > from a user point of view.
> >
> > The first section is just a paste in from a previously edited
> > article with some images (to be downloaded when I figure out how to
> > upload them).  Does it match the outline section for this
> > chapter?  Later on we may want to smooth out the styles of the
> > newer sections.
> >
> > I have not yet begun to put in the info regarding perl tool
> > and production environment.  These should be helpful.
> >
> > A modicum of interest would be encouraging.
>
> Consider a few modica handed over :)

Thanks,

elein