Vivek Khera vivek
Mon Dec 4 07:18:33 PST 2006
On Dec 3, 2006, at 11:38 PM, cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info wrote:

>> They are different products and they really should each be
>> evaluated on
>> their own merits.
>
> Regrettably, this seems to make the choice a bit more complex, as
> opposed
> to easier :-(.
>
> Although the signup issue is making me bias towards Bugzilla...

What I've seen a lot of other places do is have a dedicated login for
"anonymous" tickets, and disallow truly anonymous (ie, not logged in
at all) activity other than reading.  they then post the id/password
onto an internal page somewhere.  This keeps the bots out and lets
the real folk in.

Also, cvstrac has a trivial challenge response (do a single-digit
arithmetic) to keep the bots out when creating tickets (not sure
about altering wiki pages).  Cvstrac also has another nifty little
hack: it has a built-in honey pot link.  If you visit that link your
IP is blocked from posting for X minutes.  That link is way up high
so bots tend to visit it :-)