Andrew Sullivan ajs
Tue Oct 25 11:45:19 PDT 2005
On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 06:35:04PM +1000, Philip Yarra wrote:
> Hi all, just a little thing. Couldn't see this mentioned here
> (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/bugs/buglist.php) or when I
> googled, so...
>
> My DB contains tables whose names are all upper-case, e.g.:
> CREATE TABLE ACCOUNT
> ( );

That actually turns into

CREATE TABLE account (. . .)

when it goes to the back end.  If you want the actual all-uppercase
behaviour, you need to double-quote the table name (as the function does):

> Slony-I: table "public"."ACCOUNT" not found

There's discussion about this in the PostgreSQL docs, section 4.1.1.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie