Tang, Jason jason.tang
Wed Jun 15 14:28:26 PDT 2005
> >> It seems to me that what you need to do is to progressively
configure
> >> things, and take a look to see that each step "takes."
> >>
> >> 1.  Create the two nodes.
> >>
> >> 2.  Start the 2 slons.  They'll start out very quiet, like the
above.

> > Yups I get this
> >
> >> 3.  STORE PATH for the communications paths.  That should allow the
> >> nodes to become aware of one another.
> >>
> >> Look at the contents of sl_path, sl_node; if there are 2 nodes,
then
> >> you should have 2 entries in each of those tables on both nodes
after
> >> doing the STORE PATH.  (Possibly you'll have one sl_path on each
> >> node.)
> >
> > 2 entries in sl_node and one in sl_path
>
> Once the slons get going, each node should have two entries in
> sl_path.  There's the first "root" of problems.
>
> The puzzle: Why did the paths not propagate?
>
> Is it possible that you only submitted one STORE PATH statement?

Nopes :) However I noticed once I sent the 'store listen' then indeed
there were two rows in sl_path on each node. I assume this is a Good
Thing(tm)?

====
store path ( server = 1, client = 2, conninfo = 'dbname=$DBNAME1
host=$HOST1 use
r=$SLONY_USER');
store path ( server = 2, client = 1, conninfo = 'dbname=$DBNAME2
host=$HOST2 use
r=$SLONY_USER');
====

> >> 4.  STORE LISTEN to indicate how the nodes will use the paths.
>
> There should also ultimately be 2 sl_listen entries on each node.  It
> might start as 1, before events start propagating...

After store listen I get two

> >> After doing this, the nodes should start a greater "flood" of
> > activity.

Both nodes started with the same db dump before any of the slony stuff.
Still no sign of any floods of activity, not even a trickle :)

Any info you'd like me to send on to aid tracking problem down?

Jase