Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Thu Jun 2 19:32:49 PDT 2005
Dave Page wrote:

>The attached patch (in addition to my earlier patch) configures the
>build properly for Win32/Mingw. The following points should be noted.

I have added the two patches, and the emails, as README files, to the
Win32 directory.

If that's helpful to Win32 folk, that's great.

It is NOT the time and place now to try to integrate this into the build
proper, however easy that might prove to be.  (There are enough
challenges in handling the release already :-(.)

Once we get 1.1 out, please feel free to come back and pester as needed
to get it put into the main build.  It looks as though it's not overly
frightening.  The main challenge would be that it's not clear that there
are people with suitable configuration to test it for win32 :-).

I'll see about adding it to the feature request list so that it isn't
forgotten.