Nick Pavlica znpmail
Wed Jan 12 05:41:13 PST 2005
All,
  I'm evaluating the use of MySql 5.x or Postgresql
8.x for an upcoming web application project.  As part
of the project I would like to have the ability to
replicate the database.  In reading the Slony1
documentation I noticed the current limitations
section.

“Slony-I does not automatically propagate schema
changes, nor does it have any ability to replicate
large objects.”

Are there reliable methods to work around these
limitations?  My application needs store blobs “small
image files” in the database so this may limit my
opportunity to use Postgresql + Slony1.  You feedback
is appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick Pavlica