Jan Wieck JanWieck
Sat Feb 5 15:23:59 PST 2005
On 2/3/2005 9:45 AM, Tomas Savol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are running slony (1.0.5) on our servers (master node PostreSQL
> 7.3.6, slave node PostgreSQL 7.4.6). Everything seems to by OK, but
> there is a difference in relation sizes on master and slave
> node(realations on slave are much larger). Example: relation 'results'
> on master: 831283200bytes and relation 'results' on slave:
> 1660649472bytes). Number of rows are same on both (master and slave). Is
> this OK? I am affraid about making failover, will be the database size
> greater again? If there is something wrong how can I fix it?

How long are you replicating that table, how big is the turnover rate
(updates in % of data per day) and do you vacuum the replica in the same
fashion and frequency as you vacuum the primary database?

If in doubt, try a "vacuum analyze full" on the replica and see if that
trimms it back into shape.

Jan