Ed L. pgsql
Fri Sep 24 00:39:03 PDT 2004
On Thursday September 23 2004 5:08, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:

> I committed the first round of patches this AM to add timestamp logging
> support (which Ed's patch is build off of by the looks of it) befor I
> even knew it was on the requested features list , after which i got into
> thinking that I don't like the way that slon is going to end up having a
> few too many command line options for my likeing, so I'm busy carving up
> a patch to allow everything to be in a conf file ala postgresql.conf
> style. I hope to have this finished of in the next day or so, so please
> don't feel bad if I don't end up applying your patch Ed.

Fine by me.  Note that PostgreSQL allows command-line options to override
conf file options in many cases.  My only request would be that you
consider using PostgreSQL 8.0 style log timestamps using a
user-configurable strftime() format + pid, and avoid hard-coded style where
possible.  Otherwise, I have to maintain patches here.

Ed