Darcy Buskermolen darcy
Fri Sep 24 00:08:46 PDT 2004
On September 23, 2004 02:32 pm, Christopher Browne wrote:

> Ed L. wrote:
> | This patch adds two command-line options to slon.  One enables the
>
> user to
>
> | specify the log timestamp strftime() format (if any).  The other enables
> | inclusion of the pid.  The timestamp and/or pid, if present, will be
>
> logged
>
> | on the line before any slon log output.  The default is to log without
>
> any
>
> | timestamp or pid, as before.
>
> Good ones.  I'm not sure if you had noticed my "feature request" on
> timestamps; if so, excellent; if not, how serendipitous...

I committed the first round of patches this AM to add timestamp logging
support (which Ed's patch is build off of by the looks of it) befor I even
knew it was on the requested features list , after which i got into thinking
that I don't like the way that slon is going to end up having a few too many
command line options for my likeing, so I'm busy carving up a patch to allow
everything to be in a conf file ala postgresql.conf style. I hope to have
this finished of in the next day or so, so please don't feel bad if I don't
end up applying your patch Ed.

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.