Vivek Khera vivek
Wed Sep 22 17:31:44 PDT 2004
On Sep 22, 2004, at 12:10 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:

> It seems a good idea to make sure that all system components have some
> way of monitoring whether they are working well or not, and some way
> of calling for help if they fall into a bad state.

True enough.  It would be ideal if there was a way to hook this into
something like nagios (guess what we use...).  Something as simple as
an snmp exec process would suffice.  That is, if I can run a program
that returns very quickly (within a couple seconds) that returns
ok/not-ok, it can be hooked in.  This program could just query the
long-running watchdog, even... so if you're looking for things to add
to your watchdog, it would be a way to ask it the current status.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806