elein elein
Mon Sep 20 04:27:17 PDT 2004
I did an execute script to add a column to a table.
I sent the event to the master, Node 2.
All replicas got the new column in the tables.

execute script ( SET ID = 1, FILENAME = 'changes20040919.sql', EVENT NODE = 2);

where changes is:
alter table artfile
	add column dummy text;

But when I tried to update the column on the master, crash, bang.
update artfile set dummy='xxx' where issue=1;

	WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
	DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
	HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
	ERROR  remoteListenThread_2: "select ev_origin, ev_seqno, ev_timestamp,        ev_minxid, ev_maxxid, ev_xip,        ev_type,        ev_data1, ev_data2,        ev_data3, ev_data4,        ev_data5, ev_data6,        ev_data7, ev_data8 from "_gb".sl_event e where (e.ev_origin = '2' and e.ev_seqno > '96') order by e.ev_origin, e.ev_seqno" - server closed the connection unexpectedly
        	before or while processing the request.
	WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
	DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
	HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
	ERROR  remoteListenThread_3: "select ev_origin, ev_seqno, ev_timestamp,        ev_minxid, ev_maxxid, ev_xip,        ev_type,        ev_data1, ev_data2,        ev_data3, ev_data4,        ev_data5, ev_data6,        ev_data7, ev_data8 from "_gb".sl_event e where (e.ev_origin = '3' and e.ev_seqno > '184') order by e.ev_origin, e.ev_seqno" - server closed the connection unexpectedly
        	before or while processing the request.

What did I miss?  Should I have dropped the table from the set, etc.?

--elein
elein at varlena.com        Varlena, LLC        www.varlena.com

          PostgreSQL Consulting, Support & Training

PostgreSQL General Bits   http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/