Jan Wieck JanWieck
Sun Sep 5 18:19:16 PDT 2004
On 9/5/2004 2:21 AM, George McQuade wrote:

> Hello Slony group,
>
> The customer has 3 branch locations 1,2 and 3 which originate the data.
> He also has a fourth "home office" location which would like to see all
> the data agregated from locations 1,2 and 3 for reporting purposes. No
> writing is allowed in home office location 4.
>
> All primary keys take into account a companyid of 1,2 or 3 to guarantee
> uniqueness at location 2.
>
> So far everything works fine replicating location 1 db to home office
> location 4.
>
> Before I embark on replicating to 3 different postmasters or schemas and
> then implementing triggers to aggregate data, I'm wondering if the Slony
> slave can be configured to read from the 3 locations 1, 2 and 3 and
> simply aggregate the data received.

This sort of configuration is not planned, and I think the concepts
behind Slony-I will give you a really hard time to even incorporate it
on a theoretical base.

Remembering what Robert Kaye had presented at OSCON, either dbmirror or
the system he has derived from it seems to be a good point to start from
for you.

Jan