Jan Wieck JanWieck
Thu May 20 00:51:32 PDT 2004
Rod Taylor wrote:
> I've not looked at the source code, but wish to know the amount of
> effort required to make Slony function with PostgreSQL 7.2 as a master,
> 7.4 as the slave.
>
> I presume 7.3 is a requirement due to Schema support and I would need to
> work around that only?

Yes, the schema support is essential here. Unfortunately the DOT between
the schema name and the rest of the identifiers is hardcoded in so many
places that I think the effort required will not be small. If 7.2
support is not dramatically time critical, I think we can do something
for the Slony 1.1 release.

Jan