Vivek Khera vivek
Tue Dec 28 04:43:22 PST 2004
For setting up the initial replication, we use "pg_dump -s" to get the
schema dump to install into the client.  Then slony installs its own
schema and triggers when the cluster is configured and subscribed.

So, now, what does one use to get the schema for adding another node?

Using "pg_dump -s --schema=public" still leaves the slony logging
triggers and some other stuff.

I don't see anything in the admin docs regarding this, nor how to take
a dump that can be safely restored elsewhere.

My immediate problem is that I want to test on my development cluster
some schema changes, but I want to start with the exact schema
currently on the production box to ensure that the EXECUTE SCRIPT won't
fail and cause me major headaches.