Andrew Sullivan ajs
Thu Dec 2 15:39:50 PST 2004
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 08:02:47PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I'm investigating why, when I start Slony up on Neptune (a subscriber), it
> seems to cause neptune to crash with a page fault ...
>
> from the OS core, it appears to be during a bcopy operation, and, altho I
> have *great* respect for y'all, I'm wondering if there might be something
> in Slony that is "overrunning" memory?  Its a long shot, and I won't know

Even if that were the case, you gots pretty big OS problems if a
memory overrun in a user-space process can crash the machine.  Could
this have anything to do with jail functionality or anything like
that?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
		--Alexander Hamilton