Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Fri Oct 29 05:23:39 PDT 2010
On 10-10-29 06:15 AM, Jason Chen wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> After more troubleshooting and several times reconfiguration whole
> system, it seems the issue should be in master node configuration.
> However, I still haven't figured out the root cause and reproduce step.
> This is not reproduced every time.
>
> In the normal correct case, after configure master node, there has
> consistent SYNC events which will be generated. However, in the error
> case, looks like master node slon has hung and there is no new SYNC
> events generated.
>
> Do you have any more insight on the potential issue which might happen
> during master node configuration?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

If you turn up the logging level to debug , what does slon report in the
log in cases where it doesn't work.   I must be logging some stuff even
if it then stops/hangs.

slon using the connection settings from the service config to connect to
its 'local' database that it generates the syncs on.  It sounds like
slon isn't able to talk to this database.