Gurjeet Singh singh.gurjeet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 11:14:59 PDT 2010
Slony version 2.0.3

I have a 2 node Slony cluster and I wish to cleanup everything (manually) if
it is detected that one of the nodes has failed.

So, is just stopping the slon daemons and then executing 'uninstall node'
for the remaining node enough to clean up everything?

$ ./slon_kill

$ ( ./slonik_print_preamble && echo 'uninstall node ( id = 2 ); ' ) | slonik

I looked at slonik.c;slonik_uninstall_node() and _cluster_name.uninstallNode()
plpgsql function, all I could notice is that slonik_uninstall_node() calls
the plpgsql function and then issues 'drop schema _cluster_name cascade;'.
The plpgsql function just issues a 'lock table
_cluster_name.sl_config_lock'.

So I don't see a problem in performing the above 2 commands to clean up and
then configure replication setup from scratch.

Any objections?

Regards,
--
gurjeet.singh