Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Fri Jun 25 07:05:09 PDT 2010
Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     Attached is a patch of 2.0.3 with the following:
>
> 1) New script slonik_add_node. This adds the capability to add a node to
> the cluster. This node could be from the fact that the config file was
> edited to add new node's info, or maybe it was previously dropped from
> the cluster.

This looks fine to me

> 2) An enhancement to the slonik_drop_node script. The original version
> assumed that $MASTERNODE is available for this operation to complete,
> but that might not always be the case. Now one needs to specify an
> event_node# which should be capable of sending the event notification to
> other nodes in the cluster.

This looks fine.

>     For backward compatibility the new parameter can be made optional.
>
> 3) A minor improvement to the message emitted by slon_kill, to
> differentiate between when the Slon processes are being killed vs. when
> the watchdog processes are being killed.

I'd rather see  $watchdog_suffix passed as an argument to
shut_off_process vs using a global argument.  I'd also encourage
declaring watchdog_suffix with my.  I know the scripts don't currently
work with 'use strict' but we should aim to get closer to that.

Thanks for your patches.  If no one else has any concerns I'll plan on
committing these to the 2.0 branch sometime next week.

> Regards,
> --
> gurjeet.singh
> @ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company