Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Fri Nov 30 14:42:59 PST 2007
It seems warranted to do some cleaning up of the handling of SYNC
grouping in -HEAD, as what is there now has a confusion of
embarassment of riches in quantity of possible policy...

There are a bunch of grouping-related options at present that seem to
interact somewhat confusingly...

- sync_group_maxsize - default 20, min 0, max 10000
- desired_sync_time  - default 60000ms, min 0ms (which shuts this off), max 6000000ms

It then interacts in a somewhat complex fashion, where we tend to
start with processing 1 SYNC, then doubling and adding 1, with
[various attempts to set upper limits].

In some testing one of my colleagues was doing recently, it seemed to
be interacting in a fashion that made it appear as though the
configuration parameters were not all being considered.

I'm going to throw this out to the -hackers list, for comment
*without* yet tossing out the further thoughts that I have; I'll
comment further on that next week.
--
output = reverse("moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html