Jan Wieck JanWieck at Yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 06:19:50 PDT 2007
Need a little ground support here.

The latest change to Slony's CVS HEAD, namely the suppression of
obsolete sequence log rows, unfortunately also added some ugliness to
the source structure. For fast in-memory tracking of all sequences last
values I added a new source file "avl_tree.c", implementing a generic,
self-balancing binary tree. Since this functionality may come in handy
in other parts of Slony, it has to be a separate source file.

The problem with this is that I need these functions inside of
slony1_funcs.so, but the port specific makefiles do not handle multiple
input objects for shared library building. They use $< instead of $^ and
I am not sure if this can easily be changed for all platforms.

For now I included "avl_tree.c" instead of the .h directly in
slony1_funcs.c. Something I consider a rather crude build hack. If
someone has a better idea or would be able to fix the build environment,
please come forward.

Jan