[Slony1-general] slonik replcation

zayasj1 zayasj1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 15:41:49 UTC 2020

 I am having an issue with Slony replication. I was doing a merge of new tables that needed to be replicated and my connection died in mid-process (forgot to set in a screen session). Now I have temporary clusters in both my primary and backup table. When I go into pgAdmin, I can't seem to drop these temporary clusters. Does someone know of a way to do this in a shell script? I ran a make-merge script to get the list of tables I wanted to update. Due to the size of some of those tables, I was doing them one at a time to make sure I wasn't impacting anything. During this process, the replication setup broke

relevant code from my shell script to feed to slonik as follow:
cluster name = $CLUSTER;
​
node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DB1 host=$H1 user=$U port=$P password=$W';
node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$DB2 host=$H2 user=$U port=$P password=$W';
​
create set (id=2, origin=1, comment='temporary cluster');
​
set add table (set id=2, origin=1, id=363, fully qualified name = 'public.table1');
set add sequence (set id=2, origin=1, id=364, fully qualified name = 'public.table1_id_seq');

​
subscribe set(id=2, provider=1,receiver=2);
merge set(id=1, add id=2,origin=1);

I figured there has to be a way to run a similar type of script that would let me drop the temporary cluster based on the "set" details, but have never had the pgadmin GUI not work for me, so kinda stuck. Anyone else ever deal with this?
Many thanks,Javier