Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:47:25 PST 2017
Wondering if someone can help me out.

I'm trying to migrate to the standard Postgres build and slony build.
However right now the repo has 9.5 postgresql built with 2.2.4 or 2.2.5
slony.

I am still running a custom postgresql 9.4.5 with slony 2.2.3 (custom
package, custom rpm).. While I can run different postgresql versions, I
can't run different slony versions and since I can't take my cluster down,
I need to upgrade single nodes.

This means taking a server and upgrading to Postgresql 9.5 for example but
then installing and continue running slony 2.2.3, until all 4-5 nodes are
upgraded. i can then install the latest slony and do a quick hit to do the
slony upgrade. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to do something
custom

So for now, I need to install 9.5  with slony 2.2.3 and looking for a slony
spec file. The spec file in the source code is like 12 years out of date
(2005). so was wondering if someone could save me some headaches and share
a more recent spec file for 2.x that I can tweak , at least to get the
paths correct for

I guess I can also just build against 9.5 and package up the various
bin/lib/share directories and just copy them in the right place but cleanup
won't be all that fun..

Thanks
Tory