Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Thu Aug 3 21:18:27 PDT 2017
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017, Tignor, Tom wrote:

> 	Thanks Steve. I should mention, the dependence on indirect subscribers for a successful failover may provide a scalability limitation for us. We’re required to complete failover reliably in just a few minutes. Getting acknowledgements from all the multiple geographically distributed nodes in the allotted timeframe has sometimes been challenging. Would this be a worthwhile Slony-I feature? I believe I could find time in my schedule to do the dev work myself, if that would be helpful.
>
> 	Tom    (

If you remove the edge nodes from the admin conninfo section does this solve
your issue? Does it introduce any other issues?

The trick is being able to figure out which nodes it actually needs to wait
for and which ones don't.  Part of the problem is to think about how the
edge nodes will catch up with the events they haven't yet processed if they
then get the FAILNODE command earlier.