Christopher Browne cbbrowne at afilias.info
Wed Jan 13 13:33:57 PST 2016
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 1:43 PM, David Fetter <david at fetter.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Is there a reason other than lack of tuits why $Subject is not already
> the case?  If not, I'd like to prepare a patch for the next minor
> release to address it.

The mild contraindication, to my mind, was that when we set up the -f
option to allow pulling substantially all configuration (save for the -f
value!)
from a file, I thought it would be preferable to pull config from files,
hence meaning there wasn't much reason to put any tuits into the
matter.

With the bit of "contraindication" that it's traditionally tempting to have
short option names, hence leading to potential fights over what "-s" stands
for.

If you're keen on patching in long-ish option names for everything,
I don't see a big reason to struggle against that.