Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Thu Jan 7 14:59:52 PST 2016
On Thu, 7 Jan 2016, Tory M Blue wrote:

>       Bump sync_group_maxsize to be much bigger, I'm not saying that will solve the problem but it might help(max
>       allowed is 10,000). I'm also suspect when you say your have a sync_interval of 5 minutes, since I thought 60
>       seconds was the largest allowed.
>
> My apologies
>
> cleanup_interval="5 minutes"
>
> my interval is 1000ms
>
> And sync, group cites 100 is the max
>
> # Range:  [0,100], default: 6
>
> sync_group_maxsize=50

Where does that come from?
http://www.slony.info/documentation/2.2/slon-config-interval.html

says the max is 10,000 and the code looks like it agrees.  Try it and see if
you start to catch up.  Also an analyze on your sl_log_1 and sl_log_2 can't
hurt.

With a sync_group_size of 20 slon will select the data for at most 20 SYNC's
at once and apply them (using a select from sl_log_1 ... union select from
sl_log_2 ...)

With a sync_group_size of 10,000 it can in theory select 10,000 sync's at
once (but I think it takes a while to work up to that point).

If your bottleneck is the master then it is possible that the selecting from
sl_log is causing the problem.

Slon can't truncate a log until all the data in that log has been
replicated and there are only 2 logs.